Saturday, May 03, 2014

NSD 2014 :)

Happy NSD everyone!! I hope you're taking the time to sit down and enjoy your favorite hobby today...I know I am :)
I wanted to share a layout I made using bits & pieces from the new Hello Sunshine line from Pink Paislee...it is full of great phrases + trendy accents, and I love every bit of it! When sifting through the 3x4 Journal cards that were designed for this line, two of them jumped right out at me and I knew exactly which photo I wanted to pair them with. Don't you love when that happens?! ;)



I scrapbook 80% of what my family is up to these days using pocket pages...so it should be no surprise that I am a sucker for a grid design, lol. I stuck with that and just offset the grid a bit by pairing 3x4 cards + photo with 3x3 squares. You aren't breaking any laws if you 'think outside the box/grid' and move things a bit, lol...I promise.



I love that vellum has made a comeback (especially colors like the teal squares and pink stars!)...and 99% of the time, just layer it onto white cardstock to allow the color to stand out. Gold seems to make it's way onto every page I make these days, and the glitter cardstock definitely fit the theme of this page. I layered it underneath 2 of the squares I cut from the die cut files available on the SCT site (for free...awesome!) so it wasn't too overwhelming. Then I added more gold with washi tape, stamps directly on my photo, spray ink and even a Sharpie marker...the sun die cut was a bit too yellow, so the Sharpie came in handy. ;)


This line comes with an awesome set of chipboard stickers, and I used a few here and there...love the word bubbles. The black & white chipboard alphabet is trendy as well, and I LOVE the graphic feel it adds.

Please make sure you check out the Scrapbook & Cards Today Blog HERE...giveaways every hour and tons of inspiration!!

I am also participating in a fun NSD celebration with Big Picture Scrapbooking...check out this cool idea: they are hoping for 10K scrapbook layouts to be uploaded today!! Info is here: #NSD10k

Enjoy today and make time for being creative!!
:)

2 comments: