Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Puzzling.

Thanks so much for the emails, texts and Facebook comments/love re: my joining Gossamer Blue...love the encouragement I've received, so please know that it means an awful lot. I'm also happy that several of you have said you made the decision to jump right in and subscribe with them!! I just received my February kits in the mail yesterday, and uh...WOW. These kits are PACKED with awesome supplies that have me yearning to dig right in!!

Add to that the exclusive papers each month + FREE digital cut files and printables and you can't go wrong :)

I wanted to share a layout I did for the GB blog this month...I find that in all the time I've worked with kits, when I lay all of the supplies out, certain ones seem to jump out at me. In the January GB kit, it was this sheet of paper:
Can't explain why, but it grabbed my attention. So I thought it would be fun to make a layout using my kit supplies that focused on those colors. I sifted through my kits and just grabbed things by color. Then I got down to business, lol. Here is what I came up with...
That would be my sweet grandpa in the photo...he and I build puzzles together every Sunday when I visit, so I used a play on that for my title. He has Alzheimer’s and doesn’t always remember details…but he can whip puzzles together in no time flat!

So happy that I thought to snap a pic of him in action, as this is a big part of our weekly routine.

I layered a few papers together and stamped with gold metallic embossing powder on the text paper. The days of the week die-cuts were made using the FREE cut file, and I randomly scattered them around the page before sewing them down with some gold thread.
I couldn’t resist using the ‘love you to the moon & back’ rub-on directly on the photo, as well as the roller stamp from the  January Bits&Pieces Add-On…if you don’t have any of the Brilliance metallic inks, GET SOME!!

You can stamp directly onto your photos with them and they dry super fast. (The exception to this is Selphy paper…for some reason, it doesn’t dry on that.) I placed the Sunday die-cut at the corner of the photo, since that’s the day we always visit…and added a few chipboard elements to the cluster.

I would love to see your projects if this color combo inspires you…please post them in the Gossamer Blue member gallery and then link it in the comments on this blog post: Gossamer Blue blog!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're designing for GB. I love seeing all your layouts, especially what you do with kits. I like your method for inspiration for this layout - have to try this. Love how yours turned out (and I always love reading how much you love your grandpa). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun page & a treasure of a photo & memory!

    ReplyDelete