Monday, April 04, 2011

June 1968 + Crate Paper 'Portrait' love.

it's funny, but some paper lines you're just drawn to. my friend Dav mentioned that as soon as she saw Crate Paper's new 'Portrait' line, she thought of me. and that i would LOVE it. and she was right. ;) she knows me so well. so here is my latest layout that went live in the Garden Girl Gallery today at 2peas:


copyright @2peas. Supplies: Crate Paper Portrait Line + Barnwood Mister Huey + Hearts Veneer Shapes + Chinese Knot Edger Punch + Yellow Cosmo Chipboard Alphabet + Double Scallop Edger Punch + Lemonade Mister Huey + .03 & .05 Black Pens

i loved the cake sticker...that's how this whole layout started. the photo of my mama & dad is a fave, and i love how their story began. dad worked at Ford Motor, but played in a band on the weekends for fun with his buds. mama and her friends go (by chance) to see them play, he dedicates a song to her (without even ever speaking a word to her) and they marry 11 months later. they enjoy being newlyweds for 4 years before i come along, 2 years after that my brother is added, and the rest is history. :)


all because of one song.


just like this layout started with that cake sticker, lol. i spritzed it with some Lemonade Mister Huey and then added some detail with my .03 black pen...journaling with the .05 pen. i've rediscovered the Chinese Knot punch, and have plans to try something else with it soon. :) hope you have a great week!

10 comments:

  1. That is an amazing layout!
    Definitely going to pin it on pinterest if you don't care :)

    I bought the Toy Box and pieces from Emma's Shoppe. But now you have me looking at Portrait in a whole new light :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun story and a beautiful page. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cool story and so glad you put it into a layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was hard to resist the siren song of Portrait at Scrappy Chic the other day...this layout is weakening my will even more! Love that photo -- your mom's dress is so snazzy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow, this is GORGEOUS. i'm dying to use my portrait papers, i haven't had a chance to touch any of them since i got them. but this has me realllllly wanting to make something with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are totally rocking the Portrait:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layout is gorgeous! I love it when you scrap vintage photos :) Portrait is one of my fave lines from the winter CHA; I hope it appears in a SC kit in the near future :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. since i love cake, it is only logical that i love the cake sticker, too (isn't it amazing what starts the process???). great story & LO.

    ReplyDelete